Friday, July 27, 2007

LizzieBean Loves Herself Just As She Is

Lizzie at Fat Lady Singz has finished her "Just as I am" challenge post. She writes about finding it difficult to do and I'm in 100% agreement with her there. Not that it's hard to find five things about Lizzie that are fabulous, but that it's hard to look at yourself and find five things to truly, unreservedly love. I think if it had been ten things I wouldn't have been able to do it.

Lizzie writes:

So here it goes - 5 positive things about me:

1. I am funny. I think my humor would be considered “dry”. I love to laugh and I love to make people laugh. And I do.
2. I have great ankles. It’s one part of my body that I’ve always loved. Great ankles - flow nicely into my feet (which aren’t bad either).
3. I am ambitious, driven and an eternal optimist. I do love that about myself. If something needs to get done - I will get it done. I can keep my spirit up in the worst of times and I can pass that on to others in need.
4. I have great hair. It’s thick, bouncy and it’s always been a great color (it gets a little help now!)
5. I am artistically talented. I do love that about myself. I can and do create. I can take something empty and void and make it vibrate.


She's awesome. And awfully responsive for having done it so quickly! You go, Lizzie!

Why is it so hard to be as good to ourselves as we would to our friends?

More on that in a following post.

No comments: