Tuesday, April 04, 2006

You Don't Sweat Much For a Fat Chick

And other pick-up lines

I just took myself on a walk down to the lake and back for about 40 minutes. While I was walking I realized that I should probably be jogging, what with the fun and many things to see in the city and all.

However, I'm not fortunate enough to be one of those people who have stank-free bodies after running. How do those runny people I see running manage to do it and not alienate the entire office? How do I carry my running gear to and from home along with the computer and brick mommypurse?

I am interested in this phenomenon, yet afraid. Do you do it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what kind of office environment you're in, but I would store deoderant and some face wash and a small towel (the kind I used as a swimmer - they're small, somewhat rubbery feeling, tiny and dry in about 10 seconds - space age!) and I would keep running clothes at work, change at lunchtime, leave my work clothes at my desk, run or whatever and come back, wash and dry my face, put on new deoderant. I was in a really casual office though where walking through in running shorts wasn't all that unusual.

If I was walking and wore my work clothes for that, I just redid deoderant and let the office suffer. They must have LOVED me in our tiny conference rooms!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I meant that I would store the deoderant and towel on a shelf in the womens' bathroom.