Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Holiday Results

Hi there!

So in the comments below we found that Kate got through Turkey day having only put on a pound (after losing 15 initially) and that Dawn has lost 1.6 pounds in spite of the Holiday.

I wish I had news that good, but the airline food and hotel food and nights out conspired against me. The Troublemaker swears that I haven't undone all the good I initially did and that it's not as bad as I think it is. I'm hoping I kept it to my 2 pound maximum goal, but we'll see. I should have weighed in yesterday but I was still on vacation.

It helped (and this sounds so stupid but it did) that I was feeling pretty ill while I was in London. I ate almost nothing on Saturday because I didn't think I could keep it down. I also nixed the drinking after night two. Man, I felt awful. Too much food two quickly. My body isn't used to that anymore!

It's amazing how fast your body gets used to a reasonable amount of food.

The weigh-in next week will tell all. I'm back on the wagon as of today. Congratulations to Kate and Dawn for having fun and still meeting their own expectations! Very, very cool.

1 comment:

YAHPR said...

Hey, welcome back! I'm jealous you got to indulge in so much yumminess!

I went online and took a look at ww's snacks- any of them gross that you guys know of? I'm finding the whole chunk of time after 4pm VERY hard, and last night found myself inhaling dinner so fast that I had seconds. It wasn't a terribly bad dinner, but I need to find some happy medium. I've tried a big apple right around 4pm, but it doesn't help. So I was thinking that instead of blowing 5 points on something that I know is not going to satisfy me, I thought I might give their 1 point snacks a try. I've tried their 1 point choc. cake (yum), their ice cream cones (double yum for 2 points) and their fudge bars for 1 point, which have saved me from jumping overboard after my son goes to bed and I want some "me" time- any suggestions on what's good or not snackwise from ww would be great!