Monday, November 06, 2006

Wearing My Big Girl Pants

Weight Watcher's Weigh-in today, peeps.

203.6

I've given away 1.8 pounds.

Wallace has a potty book and the final few pages say:

"YAY! I did it! And now I know I can!
I went in the potty and I will do it again!
No more diapers now, I'm as happy as can be,
I get to wear big-kid pants.
I'M SO PROUD OF ME!"


Last week I was in a very bad way, Peeps. It took me a few days to get my act together, and I wasn't true to my points allowance, but I had yet another breakthrough. It's the same breakthrough I've had before, but it's still true.

Without the sugar I'm on such an even keel. Two nights ago I was out and wanted to get Wallace a hair cut. We went to Burger King. I was defiant and full of toddler rage about food. I wanted that Burger King! So I got it.

And when I ate it, I found that while, yeah, it was nice, I actually cared about being healthy more. It immediately ceased being about what Weight Watchers would "let" me have, and started being a more mature, "What do I actually want?" type of thing.

Today I lost 1.8lbs, even with my oopses. This past week I did it, and now I know I can. I stuck with my points some days and I will do it again. No more fatty now, I'm as happy as can be. I can wear my Big Kid pants. I'M SO PROUD OF ME!

No comments: