Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Speaking Too Soon

Dawn (who is doing VERY well, YAY DAWN!) said she envied me all the crap I got to eat on vacation. The thing is, Peeps, that it wasn't good. It's amazing how quickly your body gets used to decent meals and...

Well, you know how people who are seriously dehydrated are given only small amounts of water at first, even though they want to guzzle a ton? You know how people with frostbite are put in lukewarm water because the shock of hot water would kill them?

Well, it was kind of like that with the pizza.

God, I was sick. I puked. Blerg. The only two meals I really enjoyed were the chicken salad and the small jacket potato. The rest of them were too large and too heavy and left me feeling logey and pukey.

Last night I made a huge chicken salad for The Troublemaker and I and it went down happily and stayed down happily.

I was going to come here and post all of this with a sense of self-ritious fooferah. After all, although I cheated, I didn't actually enjoy it. YAY for my ethics, right?

Except that I'm so hungry today, Peeps, that for safety's sake you should keep well back of me. I'm going to eat off my own hand I'm so hungry. And I don't want more salad I want more CRAP.

The days when you finish your lunch by 11 am are days that are going to be LOOONNNNG.

Dawn also asked below if the WW treats are any good. I like them, Dawn, and another alternative is to get the packs of 100 Calorie treats at Jewel. They are two points apiece and the cookie ones are surprisingly cookie-tasting. They are crunchy and sweet and you can control how many points you get. Because they are pre-packaged they are self-limiting. You open a package and wolf it down and then get to take a break and really think about whether or not you want to open another one.

There was a chocolate fountain here today and I didn't have any. In fact, although I've been pigging, it's all WW safe and I'm still within my points.

That does not mean I don't feel like I'm going to die. Because I do. I'm going to eat my own head and die.

4 comments:

YAHPR said...

Today, my saving grace is housework. It's keeping me busy and I'm burning calories. If I did this every day, not only would I be skinny, but my house would be freakin' immaculate! Damn, I hate housework. But I hate the treadmill more...

Anonymous said...

I did some housework last night to avoid eating my husband's birthday cake by myself. I agree it does help sometimes.
I'm still struggling post-Thanksgiving. I haven't fallen off the wagon yet, but I've been sticking my arms and legs out of the wagon like I'm gonna.
I hate the perpetual nagging feeling of wanting a lot of really bad food (namely brownies) and not letting myself have it, only because there are so many other things I'd rather be thinking about instead.
By the way I think I feel this way partially because I ate so much at Thanksgiving, and partially because it's been snowy and very cold and I've skipped my walk almost every day this week. I haven't yet gotten in the habit of indoor exercise.
This morning I woke up and didn't feel like eating everything in sight, so I took the opportunity to think about the fact that while I feel that I'm hanging onto my diet by my fingernails, I am, in fact, in control of what happens with it and in control of what I eat. It just hasn't felt so much like that this week.
3 pounds in 3.5 weeks, kids...

Anonymous said...

Is it bad that my snack points all together equal more than my meals? For instance, in any given day this week, my meal's are 5-8 points, but on average, I'm eating like 8.5 points in snacks a day? I'm still losing- 4.4lbs so far and I don't weigh in officially until Sunday for the end of week 2. Does this just prove that, yes, I am a snackaholic?

Krissy said...

Dawn, but isn't that the best? You are a snackaholic, but you're under points, so who cares? As long as it doesn't make you unhealthy you can snack your way through life just fine. :-)