Thursday, September 27, 2007

Does it Ever End?

Steph at Back in Skinny Jeans has had a rough time lately. A breakup, a new place to live, new job. Recently she's gained back five of the pounds she'd lost and, to me, her newest vblog sounds like someone who is going through classic depression.

She's a determined woman, but in her vblog she asks, does it ever end? Does the work ever end?

The idea she posits is that folks will say that you have to simply choose to be healthy. While that is certainly fundimentally true, it is also a gross oversimplification of the human process.

Watch her vblog:



I feel for Steph. I remember when The Troublemaker and I split and I was pretty sure that I'd be happiest if I just lay down on the ground and never bothered getting up again. I remember that. It's awful.

And, if you're reading this Steph, often enough a rough day at work will be enough to knock me off my game. You've just had a major upheaval. I'm not sure how you can be strict with your diet and still be easy with yourself, but try to be easy with yourself if you can. You're still doing really well. I'd still call you a success!

Head over to her blog and offer her a word of support if you have the time. Hang in there, Steph!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for your support Krissy. I'm still amazed about how many people share the same frustration with weight loss. Guess there are some universal issues we all share. Hugs to you!