Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A Dress Conundrum

As I posted below, we're going to a wedding in England in about a month's time. I was interested in finding a dress, but insted I've decided that I have a dress I want to wear. With a little refining it will be perfect, unfortunately I tried it on last night and the zip went to my back and stopped because it encountered The Huge Jugs of Death. I've been losing weight all over my whole body but my tits continue to be the kind that could take over Manhattan. I hate to think what might have been if I hadn't gotten them reduced those years ago.

Anyhow, I've decided to wear the purple dress I wore to my friend Lisa's wedding. It's a bridesmaids dress, yes, but it's also very chic and cute. The wedding is a lunchtime wedding that will transition into a nighttime party, so I need something that will work for both.

I submit pictures of the dress for your review here (Please do not review the hair. I hate the hair. It was a horrible idea. Made me look like I was going grey. I will not be recreating the hair) (Click on the images below to enlarge).

The dress pre-drunk and with me sober and tidy -



The dress in movement -



Good photo of the shoes -



Not spilling out -



Passing out wedding cake slightly tipsy -





Dress in funky motion while I'm rilly rilly drunk (note strategic baby monitor placement) -





What do you think?

You know, I remember getting these pictures and thinking to myself that I felt a lot skinnier and attractive than these pictures make me look. In fact, at the time, I was getting an awful lot of positive male attention. In person the dress is tres flattering, and really the pictures aren't all that bad.

What I want to do for the England wedding is to fit the dress with some crinoline. I love this look (MoVo's dress at the same wedding):



Only I'd have the crinoline be off-white. The shoes would be the same ones I wore for this wedding. I'd also want to get an Ivory or off-white stole or shrug, and wear proper stockings, garters and all.

Dark hair, darker lipstick... it could be good.

SHRUGS:
These are what I had in mind for the wrap. Please note that these are FAUX fur. FAUX. As in FAKE. Not real.

I like this one with the ribbon best.

But this stole has the same look for half the price.

Several of these are perfect, but when you page down you discover that they run approximately 315 GBP apiece. So, you know, roughly eleventymilliontrillion American dollars.

Then there is this one on ebay selling for $28 including shipping. I think that's more my speed.

At least I'm current. Googling Faux Fur Stoles Wraps and Shrugs makes many, many UK sites pop up. Not too shabby for a UK wedding!

Do you have an opinion with this one vs. the earlier ones I found?

A reminder of earlier choices:

Lily Floral Dress with Sash

Strapless Mesh Dress

Diamond Party Dress

No comments: