Friday, August 31, 2007

Too many loose ends

It's Friday and there are too many loose ends today, for my taste. Everywhere I look I see things that need to be returned , put away, cleaned up, clarified......you name it.

My rose colored glasses are more like pink today. In fact, I'm a little bit grouchy. Maybe not grouchy maybe just tired. It could go either way. I find that is one thing strange about being by myself most of the day. With no immediate feedback from other people it can be hard to know exactly how I feel. Does that make any sense?

Okay. Info time.

Blood sugar:
125

This is probably the source of my discontent. The fluctuation of glucose value is a mystery to me. I'm not really too worried about the 125 but I don't understand how it can be 109 one day and 125 the very next day. I mean I'm not stupid, I know it has to do with exercise and things but my lifestyle habits have become standardized to the point of being dull even at the ripe old age of 52.

Scale:

I've dropped another pound. Good news ! So far ( from my high point 4-5 months ago ) I've lost 30 lbs. I still have another 30 to go. Ugh. Depressing. Maybe this is another source of my discontent. (I'm such a spoiled brat. I should be doing the Funky Chicken and singing "Joy to the world" right? )

Yesterday's Post OP check-up for gallbladder surgery:

I'm doing very well. However, I am not allowed to go back to the aqua aerobics for another week. A major bummer for me. I just know that my glucose would be lower if I could exercise.

Hummmmmm. How startling. I find I'm more concerned about the blood sugar than the weight loss. Who Knew?

Well, there you have it. I've decided. I'm grouchy because I'm tired. As almost three year old Wallace would say, "Sounds good, yea?"

So, what makes your glasses turn pink instead of rosy rose colored?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo on the 30 pounds!!! That is a feat to be celebrated!! I hope you can get back to the aqua work out soon - that sounds like it is enjoyable.

I would say that my glasses are completely and unterly tuned into my hormones. It's like they have an electrical wire from my ovaries to the auto-tint-o-matic in my glasses. I have noticed this has happened only really post-preggo and birth. My tiny ovaries are at the wheel and they are not good drivers...not at all. Plus my uterus is in the back seat eating fast food and yelling bad directions.

Who said rollercoasters where fun? And - I don't remember buying a ticket to this one!!

Here's to true "rose colored" tomorrow!!

YAHPR said...

Hmm... my glasses are pink on Fridays almost every week- after a week of answering phone calls with people giving up helpless animals left and right, it's hard not to.

But, I refresh with my family on the weekends, sometimes run away, as I'm doing this weekend, an by Monday, I'm ready to tackle the world again. Of course, if Monday starts out ugly.... well, I always hope the week starts out better than it ends!