Wednesday, August 01, 2007

I Get It, I Get It.

I just went out on a reci mission to find out what the fall dress scene is like in prep for an upcoming September wedding. What I've come away with is:

"NO DRESSES FOR FATTIES"

Got it.

To Old Navy: What the fucking fuck??? Seriously?? What the hell is all that??

On the other hand, if plus size girls are looking for jeans the new sizing and cut at Lane Bryant is worth the price of admission. I look fab in them and they fit better than any jeans I've owned in a long time. Check them out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I HATE HATE HATE shopping for dresses. My body is apparently un-girl shaped because I always wear a dress size one or two sizes larger than my pants size. I guess my upper body is just out of proportion -- I do have shoulder measurements that rival my father's, after all. Dresses almost never fit right on me. It's fun.

One saving grace I found: depending on your price range and what style you're after, Anne Taylor started offering plus sizes (I think up to 18) this year and they often have really cute dresses. We have an Anne Taylor outlet nearby and I got a few dresses half off late last year.

I also seem to recall reading a while back that Old Navy was discontinuing its plus size merchandise in store but keeping it online.

Krissy said...

You are TOTALLY girl-shaped, just so you know. And thank you for your suggestion. I'm going to check out Ann Taylor now!