Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Tired of Being Ugly

It's an ugly title, but it's the way I feel. When my husband tells me I'm beautiful, I feel beautiful. Every other moment in the day I feel average.

When the room filled with adorable dresses only goes up to 12, and the saleswoman recoils and fairly orders me up to the fat chick section where there are four dresses in my size, all in black or near-black, and I try on dresses and look like this, well... Ugly.





I've gained back all the weight I lost while excercising over the past month, without even trying. I'm sick again, and not just transition sick, but thanks to the antibiotics my IC is back, so who knows when I'll be able to get moving properly again.

Shit, look at me. I wouldn't fucking date me. I wouldn't blame anyone else for not dating me either. I'm 31. I'm not 45, I'm 31. I look 45.

Most of the time I can ignore it, but with the wedding coming up it's clear to me that I'm going to be the fat flower in the bunch. I hate it. I hate it. I hate me.

God I could sleep forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE NOT UGLY!!!!!

I think you look great, particularly in the second dress. I know I wasn't there and if you don't like the dress that's that, but I just wanted to say I think it looks really good. I would totally date you! And I KNOW I would have to get in line! And Andy would probably frown upon it. But other than that girl you are SO dateable. Not that that's a word.

You have been sick and things have been crap-tastic so cut yourself a ton of slack please!