Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Flabulouss is Having a Rough Time

After discovering that her husband was cheating on her three weeks after giving birth to their youngest child, and finding out that he brought the mistress to the hospital and that the mistress was one of the first to see the new baby, Flabulouss served divorce papers and left Australia for New Zealand.

As, I think, you do in those circumstances.

Recently they've finished dividing the monitary assets and they are headed toward the custody portion of the divorce. The Cheating Ex's lawyer sent a petition to force Flabulouss to move back to Australia or he'll take legal action. She is trying to be zen but, understandibly, having difficulty.

Here is Flabulouss' first vlog about it after she brought herself back to the computer: A Message From My Cave

In her vlog she talks about a friend who keeps bringing her wonderful food to try and cheer her up. I myself am guilty of this. I know that if my husband is trying to improve his eating habits and he has a rough day I will buy him cookies or candy. I try and feed my friends constantly. It's a habit born of culture where my grandfather was a chef and everyone is Sicilian and one of the ways you show love is to "eat! eat! You're so SKINNY!"

Of course, one could argue that for someone who has had lap band surgery the bringing of baked goods to their house may not be really a loving thing to do, but I understand where her friend is coming from.

Recently I had a rough time with school and home and I went off my meds. The crazier I got the more I felt the call to supliment my increasing distress with food. I retreated into a food coma.

The problem is that when you're addicted to something you can't just get rid of it, you have to replace it with something else. This is why so many people gain weight after they stop smoking. They can't just not smoke, they have to find something to do that makes them feel good during those times they'd have a cigarette.

It's been reported that many individuals who have had bariatric or lap band surgery develop gambling addictions or cleptomaniac tendancies. Something has to fill the void left by the lack of food.

I'm totally afraid of that void.

I hope Flabulouss feels better soon. I hope we all do.

No comments: